Saturday, February 9, 2013

Community Service - notes from Rosalie Whitehill

Shalom,

Wednesday and today (Thursday), I was again at the school where I am happier each day, and today I started getting love notes from some of the kids.....lots of smiles, laughs, and hugs.....just beautiful......and I forgot to mention that I usually go outside during recess (more hugs)....but the best part is the line of girls on the steps doing a kind of line dancing to the music.....and I joined them.....what fun....and my Hebrew is showing some improvement as I am able to have a bit of conversation with some of the taxi drivers who speak less English than I speak Hebrew.....and trying to understand each other is a fun  challenge.








Rosalie

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to stay engaged as a lifelong learner and
    teacher. It gives new meaning to the words of Rabbi Ben Ezra.
    Truly inspirational.
    Ruth Bender

    ReplyDelete